Tips To Help You Lower Medical Insurance Costs
Medical insurance- whether supplied by your company or acquired by you-can be both costly and complex. To better comprehend your choices and control your health insurance costs, consider these ideas and tips from the National Association of Insurance Coverage Commissioners (NAIC), a voluntary organization of state insurance coverage regulative authorities:
Know Your Choices
• • Married couples in circumstances where both spouses are used medical insurance through their tasks must compare the coverage and expenses (premiums, co-pays and deductibles) to determine which policy is best for the family.
• • Always stay in-network when possible, ensuring to get referrals and pre-certifications as needed by your plan.
• • Keep all invoices for medical services, whether in- or out-of-network. In case you exceed your deductible, you may qualify to take a tax deduction for out-of-pocket medical bills.
• • Consider opening a Flexible Investing Account (FSA), if your company offers one, which allows you to set aside pretax dollars for out-of-pocket medical expenditures.
• • If you lose or change jobs, know your rights to continue your group health protection from your old company for as much as 18 months (though you need to pay the premiums), as provided under COBRA (the Consolidated Omnibus Spending Plan Reconciliation Act).
Health Insurance Tips for
Different Life Stages
The NAIC’s customer Web site, Guarantee You, (www.InsureUonline. Org), explains the various kinds of medical insurance and offers focused ideas to consumers based on their likely requirements in … Read the rest