How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.