How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate properly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.