How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.