How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.