How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.